Xiamen University was founded in 1921 by Tan Kah Kee, the well-known patriotic overseas Chinese leader. At present, it is one of China's higher-level universities designated for the state key construction of the"211 Project" and the"985 Project". As the result of following the school motto: “Pursue Excellence, Strive for Perfection”, Xiamen University has formed the fine tradition of "recruiting capable person openly and widely and making full use of talents". Many of masters, including Lu Xun, Lu Jiaxi, Wang Yanan and Chen Jingrun have worked and studied in Xiamen University. Xiamen University is now making great strides towards its goal of "building a high-level university well-known both at home and abroad and leaping into the front ranks among world top class universities."
The South China Sea Institute of Xiamen University (SCSI) was officially inaugurated on November 3, 2012. It is an interdisciplinary research institution headed by well-known Professor Kuen-chen FU and boasts of researchers from various fields. It primarily focuses on researching and advising on issues related to the South China Sea (SCS). SCSI is dedicated to creating strong research foundation on SCS issues, providing policy advice and setting up the first Chinese Academic Institute focused on these issues. Major research areas of the Institute includes:
1. Oceans policy and law
2. Maritime delimitation and rights and interests protection
3. International relations concerning oceans
4. Navigation security and maritime law enforcement
5. Cross-strait cooperation on maritime issues
6. Marine environment protection and resources management
7. History and geography of oceans and underwater cultural heritage
8. Historical archives on Chinese maritime boundaries
9. 21st Century Maritime Silk Road
We cordially invite talents from all parts of the world to join the South China Sea Institute of Xiamen University.
Academic Areas with Vacancies and Number of Vacancies
International Law, Marine Law, Oceans Policy, Ocean History, Maritime Archaeology and relevant ocean disciplines. The recruiting number is three or four.
Positions Available and Essential Qualifications
1. Full Professorships
（1）Applicants must possess a doctoral degree or the highest degree awarded in a relevant discipline and meet all other requirements as may be stipulated by rules and regulations of the university.
（2）Applicants possessing a doctoral degree in a renowned overseas or domestic university or other research institution are preferred and must have at least five years of research experiences.
（3）Applicants must have excellent abilities in both English and Chinese languages(or proficient in other foreign language) and strong academic enthusiasm.
(1) Applicants must possess a doctoral degree or the highest degree awarded in a relevant discipline and meet all other requirements as may be stipulated by rules and regulations of the university.
(2) Applicants possessing a doctoral degree in a renowned overseas or domestic university or other research institution are preferred and must have at least three years of research experiences.
(3) Applicants must have excellent abilities in both English and Chinese languages(or proficient in other foreign language) and strong academic enthusiasm.
3. Assistant Professorships
(1) Essential Qualifications
a. Applicants must possess a doctoral degree or hold a post-doctoral position in a renowned overseas or domestic university or other research institution and should fulfill other requirements for assistant professorship;
b. Applicants must have excellent abilities in both English and Chinese languages(or proficient in other foreign language) and strong academic enthusiasm.
(2) Doctoral graduates as of the current academic year for assistant professorships may be accepted as Research-oriented Assistant Professors who are entitled to the salary and benefits of assistant professors (including housing or housing allowances). Research-oriented Assistant Professors will be required to join relevant post-doctoral institutes and conduct scientific research programs for two years, during which time teaching is not compulsory.
If meeting all relevant requirements stipulated by the university, doctoral graduates as of the current academic year with outstanding performance may be accepted directly as Assistant Professors.
1. SCSI recruits qualified faculty and researchers from around the world. Applicants can submit their application documents at any time. The job information is effective until the position is taken.
2. The Institute will review the application documents by following the procedures concerning recruiting talents, faculty and researchers.
How to Apply
1. Applicants are invited to submit a digital application packet to firstname.lastname@example.org.The “subject line” of your email must include: your name, relevant academic discipline, and the specific position for which you are applying. All application packets must include the following attachments:
1) A complete Xiamen University Faculty Position Application Form.
2) Three letters of reference from academic/professional peers in PDF format.
3) Evidence of professional qualifications in PDF format, including, but not limited to: scanned copies of all relevant diplomas, degrees and certificates, detailed listing of all relevant research achievements, including proof of publication for papers, monographs, book chapters, working papers, patents, and any relevant awards or other types of professional recognition and distinction.
2. Contact Information
For general consulting:
Ms. ZHANG Xia
For more details, please see: http://rsc.xmu.edu.cn/s/137/t/722/a/147175/info.jspy